A door among many others.
A family like all the others.
Eating at the dinner table.
But something is off.
The wine is blood.
The dessert are fingers.
A family not like the others.
THE DEAD GAME
Please give me a serving
of this beautiful pie.
A slice of heaven for me,
topped with a cherry.
White beaches of pink,
surrounded by fuchsia cream.
Chocolate chips floating
in an alcove of blue cake.
I dip my finger into this heaven,
ready for a taste of this feast.
What’s there to say about Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats that hasn’t already been said? The classic treats get a seasonal update thanks to a bit of pumpkin pie spice, but I’m taking things one step further by forming the marshmallow treats into the shape of a pie. Add a dollop of whipped cream on each slice, and your Thanksgiving guests might be calling April Fool’s at your holiday table.
The setup is simple: First up is the pie crust, which is made with the classic, vanilla-flavored treatsthat are molded along the inside edge of a round cake pan. Next up is the pumpkin pie filling, which is pressed inside the crust. And just like that we’ve cut the pie prep time from a few hours to a few minutes, and you can still enjoy the taste of fall’s most famous dessert. Now that’s something to be thankful for!
Craving more? Subscribe to Just a Taste to get new recipes and a weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispies Treats
Yield: 1 (8-inch) pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- For the Rice Krispies crust:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups (about 16) marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- For the Rice Krispies filling:
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups (about 24) marshmallows (See Kelly’s Note)
- 2 teaspoons orange food coloring
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Whipped cream, for decorating (optional)
- Equipment: 8-inch round cake pan; Piping bag; Star-shaped piping tip
- Make the Rice Krispies crust:
- Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Add the butter to a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are melted. Stir in the vanilla extract and then the Rice Krispies cereal until the cereal is well coated.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared cake pan an press it firmly against the inside edge of the pan to form about a 1-inch crust. Let it cool while you prepare the filling.
- Make the Rice Krispies filling:
- Add the butter and pumpkin pie spice to a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Once the mixture has melted, add the marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are melted. Stir in the orange food coloring then stir in the Rice Krispies cereal until the cereal is well coated.
- Press the mixture firmly inside the crust border, pushing it down to compact it, and allow it to cool completely in the pan. Once cooled, place a serving plate on top of the pan and invert the pan. Slice the pie into wedges and top with a dollop of whipped cream (optional).
- Kelly’s Notes:
- In place of the regular marshmallows and the pumpkin pie spice, you can use the Pumpkin Spice Mallows for the pumpkin filling.
Recipe by Kelly Senyei of Just a Taste. Please do not reprint this recipe without my permission. If you’d like to feature this recipe on your site, please rewrite the method of preparation and link to this post as the original source.